The social network for Star Trek Fans!
What's up, fellow Trekspacers !
I need a HUGE favour from you lot. Ready ? Here it comes !
I am putting together a YT Video Mash-Up called "Sh!t Trekkies Say n Do". If you've ever seen similar YouTube videos (e.g. Sh!t Girls Say, Sh!t Theatre People Say, etc etc...), you'll know what I'm talking about; however, if you don't, let me explain.
This project is much like a compilation of "You Know You're A Trekkie When/If..."
What I'd really like is for at least 25-50 recorded phrases from Trekkies, saying something that you know we Trekkies can relate to, such as....
"Brannon Braga is such a weenie!"
What I'm going to focus on primarily is how contradictory we Star Trek fans are--that's what I really want to poke fun at, and what I mean by this is the fact that we often hear our Trek friends say how much they love Star Trek because of the vision and then they start ragging on a particular show or film (usually Enterprise or Voyager, or even the Trek 09 reboot)..
An even better example of this is when we all complain about how Creation Entertainment takes advantage of our love for Star Trek by charging so much for EVERYTHING...and yet, the Gold and Captain's Chair packages are ALWAYS sold out !
One last example is how many of us might be a little embarrassed to admit how much of a Trek fan we are amongst our non-Trek friends...and then you'll turn around and spend hundreds of dollars to built a crazy Trek costume.
So, let's recap.
What I Need From YOU, the TREKKIE:
1. A video reel with you making a statement or phrase about Star Trek. You can do this on your mobile device, or on your camera...then upload and email it to me. :)
2. The statement/phrase can be a negative. Bear in mind that if you make a negative statement about any show, or film or actor or character or anything related to Star Trek, there's going to be a contradictory image mashed up following your phrase to counter it--which is what will make it humourous to watch.
3. The nerdier, the better. Don't afraid to whip out some Treknobabble !
4. Send me an image that goes with the statement (optional) if you can.
Remember, the point is to be lighthearted...let's not get too serious. Your statement/phrase can be a bit lengthy, but make sure it's POIGNANT ! Wit, wit, wit !
When I've gathered enough recordings, I will begin creating the "Sh!t Trekkies Say & Do" video and if your phrase makes the final cut, it will be available to everyone on YouTube, as well as on the Unimatrix Zero website for everyone to embed and share. I will also credit you at the end. :)
EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION TO KING.KATHARYN@GMAIL.COM
If you don't have a way to record, or you can't participate in this, you can still help Unimatrix Zero by submitting content for any of the following show segments:
1. WWJD: What Would Janeway Do ? You will submit a real-world, present day scenario--a problem situation, and then explain how you think Janeway would handle it.
2. Sh!t ____ Says... Each week there will be a mini-segment featuring a funny or amusing or otherwise lovable quote by a character. You can submit your idea for which character and then tell me what that character said. Try to choose funny quotes, or stuff we can rag on Voyager's characters a bit about...
3. Reasons to Love Voyager: Be careful to listen in regularly so you don't submit a reason that has already been mentioned. It's important that your submission be original and heartfelt.
4. The J Team: Why Janeway Rules Countdown: Submit a statement that offers a reason why Janeway is the best Captain.
5. Voyager Memes: Submit screenshots from the show, either in character or out-of-character, and caption them or "meme" them.
6. Featured Episode: Pretty simple. Record or just email me your fave Voyager episode and tell me why it's your fave and I may just feature it on the show, or the blog. Or both !
There you have it, about seven different ways you can contribute to Unimatrix Zero and make the show a success. Since I host the show by myself, I really think that having fellow Voyager fans' submit their ideas and such makes YOU, the FANS as a whole, my co-host. Credit will always be given where credit is due !
And don't forget to check out http://unimatrixzerobog.wordpress.com to see what's new ! There's plenty of content up already. Did you catch the last episode of the show on BlogTalkRadio? No ? Well, get to it! http://www.blogtalkradio.com/unimatrixzero.
Final note on this before I leave you alone...I won't be on BTR with the show much longer. In fact, I'm seriously considering switching to a Vlog format, or hosting via Podbean--which means I'd just record a show, edit in all the intro, outro etc in and then upload it straight to the WordPress site. This probably means that there will only be 1-3 shows each month, as mastering is a pain in the butt for those of you who didn't already know that... ;)
If you ever have anything to contribute at all, or want to offer feedback or encouragement...my virtual door is always open. If you want to be a guest blogger, and you LOVE Voyager like I do...think about kicking me an email to let me know what your blog's content would include.